Another Swiki defence idea: better tools

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Sat Jul 27 01:04:35 UTC 2002

> > damage it. Why not simply add a button to the recent changes screen, so
> > that
> > you can roll back any damage done from a single IP during a given time
> > frame
> > with one push of the button? Some smart ideas like that, some distributed
>
> as the problem of learning to distinguish self from other. We describe a
> method for change detection which is based on the generation of T cells in
> the immune system. Mathematical analysis reveals computational costs of the

I can't resist adding to the traffic by saying that rollback button + T
cell is by _far_ the best suggestion I've seen yet in this discussion.  1
rollback => 1 new T cell against whoever made the previous change to the
page.  > N T cells and the invader is neutralised (neutered? ;) from
making further changes.

It's trivial, it's distributed, it's collaborative, it's shared
responsibility and it's biology at its best in action live on your local
swiki.

(Now, how many T cells would it take to actually *destroy* the
invader?  ;-)

Ian