Submission help

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Tue Jul 30 21:52:58 UTC 2002

Weekend-hackeritis strikes!  Looks like I must have done something
wrong.  The text I wrote did not appear in the ENH message I just sent.
 I also forgot to title it.  Sorry all.

I submitted an enhancement (based on 3.3a-4889) to allow MpegFile and,
indirectly, StreamingMP3File to access metadata about MP3 files via the
ID3 (versions 1 and 2 - via polymorphism) tag mechanism.  More ID3 info
can be found at http://www.id3.org/  Please let me know what else I
might need to do for this submission.

I'd love to see this incorporated into the image, giving Squeak even
more multimedia capabilities.  I intend my jukebox system to be a
separate module, but it will depend on these lower-level methods on
existing classes.  Let me know if this cuts the mustard.

Also - when I file out changes, where does the file go?  I'm not
prompted for a filename, but cannot find anything obvious in my Squeak
dir nor my home dir (currently on Win2K).  Thanks, all!

Jason Dufair - jase at dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
"Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness."
-- Beckett