New Random Number Generator

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 31 02:15:51 UTC 2002

OK, I have a working trivial plugin for this that just does a 30bit int
for now. Seems to work ok - making a bag of 1000 values suggests it at
least does a tolerable job. Though it does bother me a bit that in a
whole load of tests I've not seen any number with less than a half-dozen
digits. I'll let you numerics fanatics worry about that part.

So what sorts of values would be useful? Is just a 30bit int ok with any
further cleverness being done in the image?

tim
Shift to the left!  Shift to the right!  Pop up, push down, byte, byte, byte!