Progrmaming in Bytecode?

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Jul 31 15:28:26 UTC 2002

Hello!

I know this may sound sadistic, but how could I go about programming in
Smalltalk bytecode, directly?  I've seen assemblers for Java, that do the
same job as assemblers for native CPUs.  I imagine such a tool doesn't
exist for SMalltalk at this time, but perhaps it wouldn't be hard to put
one together in my quest to play with bytecode.

How could I write methods in bytecode directly?

I know- it sounds sick. I've never wanted to program any sort of machine
language, but today- out of nowhere- I got a hankering to do so.
Progrmaming 'machine language' on the SVM seemed like a good place to
learn. :)

Aaron