[OT] Common Language Infrastructures

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Jul 31 23:29:05 UTC 2002

Hi all!

Quoting David Farber <dfarber at numenor.com>:
> Whilst perusing the 2002 OOPSLA Advance Program that arrived in my mail
> today, I noticed:
>
> http://oopsla.acm.org/ap/files/tut-21.html
>
> Note the reference to Squeak in the last paragraph. Looks like there is
[SNIP]

And I noticed 2 things:

1. That Henrik Gedenryd (with others) is holding some debate panel called "New
Programming Constructs Beyond Inheritance, Patterns, and Notation: What's
left?". Quote: "The panel looks at what we can hope for in new programming
constructs or new programming languages". Cool! Go Henrik. Will it perhaps
include some aspect weaving etc? :-)

2. Bill Gates (!) is an invited speaker! My god, what is the world coming to? I
just can not miss that speech. Three questions that pop up in my mind:
    1. Will he have anything concrete and interesting to say or will it just be
"fluff"?
    2. In how many ways will he get fried by the audience and is he prepared for
that? :-)
    3. Is Microsoft finally going to have a presence at OOPSLA? Last year there
was a booth in the exhibition hall I can recall, but it was almost always empty...

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek