Squeak glorp port and documentation

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Sat Jun 1 03:31:16 UTC 2002

Guys, I didn't realize that the changeset was so large that I had
attached to the last message I sent out on this.  It might not make it
past your mail server (it was about 300k).  I'm really sorry about that.
 This message shows what I should have done to start with.

Sorry.

Nevin

**********************

I've spent about a dozen hours playing around with Glorp under Squeak
(using PostgreSQL).  I've got all of the Glorp SUnit tests passing.

THIS WAS DONE RAPIDLY, and BUGS WILL EXISTS!!  Consider it even earlier
than an alpha.  But at least the tests all pass.

I have a MickeySoft Word document ('GlorpPort.doc') that contains my
"diary" of what I did.  I hope you find it entertaining :-)
I also have the 'glorp.cs' changeset with the code.

The "diary" can be found at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~nevinpratt/GlorpPort.doc

The Squeak changeset can be found at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~nevinpratt/glorp.cs

As you read the "diary", please note that there is workspace code listed
in the "diary" that needs to be executed after you filein the changeset
code.  If you don't execute that workspace code, the port won't work.

The diary also documents what image code you need to start with before
filing in the changeset.

Nevin