MP3 and ID3v2 - Fixed!

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Sat Jun 1 05:41:37 UTC 2002

John M McIntosh wrote:

>>> Yikes!  This is starting to sound like my day job! :-)  I can try to
>>> come up with an sUnit, but it would be dependent on the mp3 file
>>> itself. I suppose I could somehow create a simple ID3v2 tagged mp3
>>> file of non-copyrighted material.  Doesn't doing C code relieve one
>>> of the responsibility of having to create unit tests? :-)
>>

> Ok, I've made the update and posted the new macintosh plugins to the
> update stream. So look for them soon.

Thanks, John.  For the Windows and Unix (and other platform) maintainers
- attached is the sUnit test class, a test mp3 file (freely
distributable, with ID3v2 tag including binary data) and the patch for
the win32 3.2.1 source tree.  The patch should apply without a hitch to
any port using libmpeg3.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Now I'm off to the more daunting task of writing the libvorbis plugin.
 Does anyone have any pointers to docs on writing plugins (ideally
against an existing c lib)?  TIA.

Jason Dufair