commenting code

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Wed Jun 5 01:41:30 UTC 2002

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Rob Whitfield wrote:

> Every time I "accept" a block of code it gets reformatted automatically and

What's the nature of the reformatting?

> all my comments disappear.

Are variable names getting replaced with things like t1, t2...? Or is the
actual indentation, etc. being modified?

> I'm still new at this so I'm sure it's
> something obvious that I'm missing.  Could someone please explain?

If the variables are being renamed, then it's likely some problem with
your changes file as others have mentioned. Do you get a notice when you
start up squeak?

If the code layout is changing it maybe that you're browsing with pretty
print on. There are a few layouts that may lose some comments, I think,
IIRC.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.