Keyboard - mouse interface fail on linux install

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Wed Jun 5 18:45:45 UTC 2002

Folks,

Chris Farmer sent me lots of xev output from his Mandrake system.  After
decoding all the weirdo stuff that was being reported I think I've solved
the problem.  BUT, not having a Mandrake to test it on I'd really
appreciate some help...

If you've had keyboard/pointer problems in recent 3.1 VMs then please
would you take 2 minutes to download the following binary:

  http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/unix/3.1current/bld/squeak

and let me know if it solves your mapping problems.

(Details: the code in the above VM is "immune" to junk in the "state"
member in X key/button events [which for some reason was completely absurd
in Mandrake] and will instead track the modifier state using the keysyms
reported in press/release events.)

If this 3.1 VM works for you then I'll pull the changes forward into
3.[32]-devel.

Thanks!

Ian