Whole other debate on keyboard mappings

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jun 5 23:37:44 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 04:30 pm, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Why don't you change the three lines that are affected by it in
> ParagraphEditor and leave the VM alone?!

I did a somewhat different version of that (where the keys to swap
were specified in a table) (along with adding another Preference for
swapping mouse buttons 2 & 3), and posted it to the list some time
ago. It's the first thing I load into new images. My version handles
it at the Event dispatch level, though (that is, it really swaps the
mouse button bits and/or the key modifier bits).

So in my image, Ctrl-C and Alt-C are swapped, etc.

I'm just concerned about the "out of box experience"; Squeak is
different enough that I don't think we should add another unnecessary
stumbling block.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com