Whole other debate on keyboard mappings

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jun 6 00:01:45 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 04:30 pm, John Hinsley wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jun 2002, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> > RTFM ?  ;)
>
> But I do (and did)! The problem is hat using Ctrl as command
> becomes almost instinctive. It's exactly the problem my father used
> to have while driving my Lancia (which had an early Porche type
> shift) -- he'd always expect first gear to be where second actually
> was.

You may want to look at my earlier change set that does arbitrary
swapping (on a key by key basis), also allowing you to swap mouse
buttons if you want (so context menus come up on the right button, as
you're accustomed).

The Windows VM has a setting that takes care of the button mapping; I
wrote this because I use Linux.

See:
http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/2173.html

--