Whole other debate on keyboard mappings

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jun 6 02:14:18 UTC 2002

"Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> By the way, I note that on my UNIX box,
> copy/cut/paste are Alt-c, Alt-x, Alt-v.
> It would be *extremely* confusing if they became Ctrl-c, Ctrl-x, Ctrl-v
> in Squeak.
Surely this is all something that should be tackled im the image with a
sensibly configurable keymap; as a default I imagine each platform would
probably want its own default layout to suit the normal habits of its
denizens. It worked very nicely for BrouHaHa fifteen years ago so I
can't see any particular reason it wouldn't work now.

tim

Useful random insult:- IQ = dx / (1 + dx), where x = age.