[MVC] OpaqueForm: What was it, what replaced it?

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Fri Jun 7 08:56:08 UTC 2002

john-reed.x.maffeo at mail.sprint.com wrote:
> MVCers,
>
> What was OpaqueForm? What was it used for? what replaced it.
OpaqueForm held an image and a mask, allowing for partially transparent
images. It is replaced by the transparency and alpha mechanisms in Squeak.

> Can anyone send me a file out of the class? It used to exist in Squeak
> as evidenced by the comment in Form class makeStar {examples}
You probably don't need the class itself but some compatibility protocol
in class Form which takes two 1-bit forms and creates a 2-bit ColorForm
with the appropriate colors (transparent, black and white).

Cheers,
Hans-Martin