[ENH][GOODIE][FIX] OSProcess V3.0.2 (update plugin for Ian's new Unix code)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jun 7 10:31:51 UTC 2002

This is an incremental patch to be applied to OSProcess 3.0.1. With this patch
applied, the Unix OSProcess plugin builds cleanly on Ian's latest source tree,
as well as with the current SourceForge source tree.

Changes are:
- Minor updates to the Unix plugin to produce a clean build with VMMaker and
  Ian's latest source tree. There are no functional changes to the plugin,
  just fixes for a static variable declaration and a header file directive.
- Updated version strings for OSProcess and UnixOSProcessPlugin (sorry, forgot
  to do that for the 3.0.1 patch).
- Updated documentation in OSProcessPlugin class>>about.

To build the plugin with Ian's new source tree and configuration:

1) Create a ./platforms/unix/plugins/UnixOSProcessPlugin directory

2) In that directory, create a file called Makefile.inc containing the following one line:

XCPPFLAGS= -I$(topdir)/platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin -I$(topdir)/platforms/Cross/plugins/SocketPlugin

3) Read Ian's excellent documentation in the ./platforms/unix/doc directory.

- Dave