3.3.1 for Unix

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jun 9 14:11:18 UTC 2002

On Thursday 06 June 2002 10:50 pm, Ian Piumarta wrote:

> 3.3.1 (whatever that means) for Unix is available (as source and
> binary for a few platforms) from the usual place:

Quick comments:

(1) the mouse wheel should generate ctrl-arrow keys, not arrow keys,
so the windows will scroll, rather than the cursor moving.

(2) Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: 0
says in the comment that it will return the full pathname of the
Squeak VM. I ran it as:

PATH=~/Squeak/Squeak-3.3.1/i686-pc-linux-gnu/usr/local/lib/squeak/3.3.1/:$PATH
squeak Squeak3.2gamma-4881.image

and it returned only 'squeak'.

(3) I ran Squeak from the command line in a terminal (not in the
background). I then went to that window and drag-selected some text
(to paste into this message). Squeak quit with the following
complaint:

$ squeak Squeak3.2gamma-4881.image
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  25 (X_SendEvent)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xde
  Serial number of failed request:  12151

Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com