Killer Application (was: Squeak Foundation)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Jun 10 02:21:26 UTC 2002

Matthew McCowan <Matthew_McCowan at littlehoop.cc> wrote:
	Why can't the windows act like native windows?

One of the machines on my desk is a UNIX box.  It uses CDE.
Sometimes in a student lab I have to use the window manager the
students are using.  It's different.  The X Window System
doesn't *have* "native windows", it has several *different*
window managers.  I'm GLAD Squeak acts like Smalltalk.  I imagine
that anyone who has to switch platforms with any frequency is as
pathetically grateful for Squeak's consistency as I am.

For what it's worth, the "native windows" in MacOS have changed a
couple of times, one of the reasons why I still run MacOS 8.6.

If Squeak used native windows, where would the World menu go?