Call For Examples of Squeak at Work

Alfonso Guerra apokalypse at mac.com
Mon Jun 10 12:24:06 UTC 2002

Greetings fellow Squeakers,

I'm in the midst of planning a conference and expo on Open Source
Software for commercial use and it suddenly struck me that my own fave
language should be represented as well. While there will be tracks
specifically for applications in Aerospace, Media, IT and Government,
all examples of Squeak in the office or in the field is welcome. (Yes,
I'm aware of the 'Oceanic Panic' exhibit at EPCOT, but when I stopped by
last month to check it out, noone there knew of it. But perhaps because
the name had escaped me at the time.) We'll specifically NOT have
sessions promoting specific languages, eg., Perl vs PHP, My C is better
than yours, etc., so please keep that in mind. This is specifically
regarding the use of OS platforms (Linux, BSD, Squeak, etc) and
applications to boost worker productivity. [And since the Squeak
environment typically includes its development tools, well...we can
cover the language as well! ;) ].

So please contact me about any Squeak systems used for commercial
purposes you're aware of that can be shared to the public at large and
we'll see what we can do to promote the greatest multi-platform language
there is!

Alfonso