Antwort: Mixed feelings

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Jun 12 01:34:25 UTC 2002

I wrote:
	>When unpacked, the file proved to contain no line terminators,
	>neither line feeds NOR carriage returns, in consequence of which
	>"file in" in Squeak 3.0.1 leads to "MessageNotUnderstood: !".

	>This isn't the first change set I've seen lately with no line
	>termination.  What's going on?

Cees de Groot replied:
	It's probably your mailreader. I have unpacked the attachment directly with
	the 'mmencode' command, and it has carriage return line termination.

My "mailreader" is munpack.  Until recently it has never had any trouble
with changesets like this, and it's not munpack that has changed.

If anyone has any suggestions about what could cause munpack to lose the
line terminations (and only in change sets sent from Squeak 3.2.something)
and what I could do about it, I would be grateful.