[BC][VI4] Forked Squeak version

Anthony Hannan tony.hannan at verizon.net
Wed Jun 12 19:31:28 UTC 2002

On 2002/06/11 Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On my list to tackle are:-
>  + cleaning up the split primitive number fields in the method header

Done, not split anymore.

>  + since we have named primitives sorted out these days, maybe we
>  should drop the nonsense of trying to allow thousands of numbered ones.
>  (I suspect the freed up bits can be found useful labour pretty quickly)

I suggest we keep numbered primitives just for quick primitives that do no timer check and don't even come out of the interpret() function (thus avoid saving the sp & ip registers).  These quick primitives would be like extra bytecodes that are only called from particular methods.