[BC][VI4] Forked Squeak version

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Jun 13 00:02:48 UTC 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Anthony Hannan wrote:

> The only functional
> difference between the old and new MethodContexts is that new contexts
> know which process they belong to and are assumed to only be in one
> process stack.

Anthony,

It was exactly this difference that confused me when I looked at
implementing call/cc on the block closures image.  I need to be able to
copy a bunch of MethodContexts, keep them around, and swap them in later -
possibly into a different process than the one that originally created
them.  How can this be done with the BC system?

If you implemented the stack in the VM as you discussed, would this allow
the MethodContexts to look more like the current ones?

Cheers,
Avi