World Creation (& Nebraska)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 13 16:23:54 UTC 2002

"Kyle Bygott" <Henry.Bygott at colorado.edu> wrote:
> I've recently been trying to get Nebraska to run in a world other than
> World.  I can get Nebraska to open properly in the sub-world, and have
> confirmed that the NebraskaServerMorph is stepping properly and that
> NebraskaServer is running processIO.  Yet a connected NetworkTerminalMorph
> still does not properly connect to the server (although the server reports a
> connected client, the client side never updates its window and displays the
> server image).

What if you open an inspector and do "world displayWorld" ?  Also, look
at the subworld's canvos -- does it include a RemoteDisplayCanvas ?
Does the list of hands  include a RemoteControlledHandMorph ?

Overall, there is clearly a mess here....  It probably shouldn't be
surprising, though -- the exact definition of worlds, projects, and so
on is a central part of the Squeak user interface, and it has been toyed
with quite a bit over the years!

Lex