World Creation (& Nebraska)

Kyle Bygott Henry.Bygott at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 13 21:14:01 UTC 2002

"Lex Spoon" wrote:
>What if you open an inspector and do "world displayWorld" ? Also, look
>at the subworld's canvos -- does it include a RemoteDisplayCanvas ?
>Does the list of hands include a RemoteControlledHandMorph ?

>Overall, there is clearly a mess here.... It probably shouldn't be
>surprising, though -- the exact definition of worlds, projects, and so
>on is a central part of the Squeak user interface, and it has been toyed
>with quite a bit over the years!
----

Well, I'm not all that good at Squeak, especially the inner workings.  But
inspecting the subworld's canvases there seems to be a problem: It has none!
Canvas is nil, let alone having a second remote canvas.  Where do canvases
normally get setup (for instance where does World get its?)  I tried hacking
some just to see if I could get a hack working, but couldn't get the
innerworld to set up any canvases properly.  Everything seems to be all
right with the hands...

Who is in charge of assigning/creating canvases??

Kyle Bygott