[GOODIE] Arithmetic assignments (+= and friends)

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Jun 17 14:29:17 UTC 2002

Diego,

> To say the true, I don't like any option.

Well, that's okay - I didn't say you have to like it (neither did I say
you have to file it in or even to use it ;-)

> If you want, try to remove the assigment (the only not a
> message thing) and not to expand it.

No, I don't want to. If it's your interest to remove assignment *you* go
for it ;-) I have no interest in any kind of minimal syntax. And the
complexity of explaining that += means "increase this variable's value
by X" doesn't seem a big hurdle to me.

Cheers,
  - Andreas