<squeak version>.out window

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Mon Jun 17 17:46:33 UTC 2002

Richard O'Keefe wrote:
> Oh yes, the Macintosh menu bar has turned strange.
> Now it reads
> (Apple) File Edit (Apple) File Edit Help ...... (clock) (Icon) Squeak 3.0
> and the second (Apple) item brings up "About SIOUX".
> Selecting Quit from the second File menu shut Squeak down entirely.
>
> I *think* a runaway recursion (from a divide-and-conquer gone ever so
> slightly wrong) was the cause, but I don't understand the symptom.

Certain Mac libraries implement this as a way of handling console output.
It means the VM wrote to stdout or stderr.  It prepends some menus before
the specific application's in order to do some additional things (typically
print or save the output, though I don't think it was completely
implemented).

-- Duane