Building headless on unix

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 17 22:07:37 UTC 2002

I strongly suspect this is simply bit-rot. I made some headless unix VMs
last year by doing pretty much exactly what you have described. If
you're in a position to handle the errors yourself, go ahead and do it
and then submit the changes to Ian (or me, or Lex, I suppose) for
inspection. Most of them are likely to be pretty simple I think.

Personally I'd prefer to see the VMs able to work headless without
having to have a separate version. The image should simply not call
#beDisplay and thereby never start up all the display/keyboard/etc
stuff. Of course, the image would need to be able to deal with loading a
script file without having already installed a World....

tim
Use IF...ELSE  IF...ELSE  IF...ELSE...  to implement multi-way branches.
:-)