[BUG] Mail File Problems with Celeste.

Bill Cole 73363.276 at csi.com
Tue Jun 18 11:32:59 UTC 2002

Greetings;

I'm deploying a Celeste mail reader application to multiple platforms
(Win 98/2000/XP).  At this time I am simply copying the entire
distribution & development environment - the application is not stripped
or packaged in any way.  The Celeste mailfiles are already created and
copied in the distribution.  No modifications have been made to the
baseline Squeak code.

Celeste will start normally.  But when the mail files are written to for
the first time (for the first mail send) an error is thrown: Error: a
primitive has failed.  Best as I can tell, the cursor position for the
Stream on the mailfile is being set out of bounds as it tries to append
the latest email message to the sent mailfile.

Everything works fine on the machine that I initially did the
development work.  Only when moving to another machine does this problem
occur.  Happens with both the 3.2 and the 3.3 release.  Is there some
type of initialization that has to occur for the mailfiles to work OK?

Regards;

Bill Cole
73363.276 at compuserve.com