[IDEA] Gtk2.0 and Squeak in the 'real boring world'

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Jun 20 17:30:09 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Kevin Fisher wrote:

> There was also a project called "Cheese" that did something similar
> for OS/2...there might be some interesting ideas in that code.

And fortunately, the Cheese work can be found on the main UIUC server.  A
screenshot can be seen:

http://www.phaidros.com/DIGITALIS/images/sqk00046.gif

Also, GNU Smalltalk has a Tk interface.  A GTK interface is eventually the
plan, judging from the folders in the tarball.   May not be terribly
useful to look at, I've no clue how different GST is set up.

> I seem to recall having seen some screenshots of it in action at one point..
> it looked pretty cool!

I vaguely remember that too.  At the time, I was *very* new to Squeak, and
couldn't get it compiled.

Aaron