[IDEA] Gtk2.0 and Squeak in the 'real boring world'

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Jun 20 19:51:39 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Kevin Fisher wrote:

> > Also, GNU Smalltalk has a Tk interface.  A GTK interface is eventually the
> > plan, judging from the folders in the tarball.   May not be terribly
> > useful to look at, I've no clue how different GST is set up.
> >

> Wow...GNU Smalltalk...that takes me back.  I remember playing with that
> back in '94ish..it didn't have an interface of any kind, and sadly didn't
> appear to be under any kind of development.

It's under development still, just not intensively.  AFAIK, Paolo
is the only one really putting much work into it.  There may have been

I've had problems getting the Tk interface work in the past, but I had no
problems getting it to work with GST 1.95.10 under Linux/x86 (RH 7.x?).
Compiled with no probs on my iBook running Debian 3.0, haven't had the
time to try Blox on it yet- but I think I shall now. :)

Aaron