MinneStore (was Re: [Q] Berkeley DB for Squeak)

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Jun 21 15:03:13 UTC 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Kevin Fisher wrote:

> Actually I was just mulling over "small" database support in Squeak.
> I'm planning something out in Squeak that will need a database...I'd
> heard of MinneStore as well, but I don't know much about it.  BerkelyDB
> would be great too!

It's a slow link (outgoing capped), but I zip'd up a copy of MinneStore
2.9 and made it available at <http://revio.dhs.org:8088/~rev/sms29.zip>.
No problem getting it off of STP's site, of course, but it's a mild pain
to download each file individually.  I also fixed a tiny bug.

Files into a 3.0 image with no problems, and all the db-ish stuff works
fine (e.g., the example in the included html).  Tried opening up a
SMSBrowser, didn't work, but haven't felt like debugging it yet.  I may
just make a new one using Fabrik instead. :P

I may get around to tieing this in with SOAP in the next few days here,
and put together a very-poor man's OODB that works with any
SOAP-supporting language.  Run it like ComSwiki, nice and easy.

Aaron