[IDEA] Gtk2.0 and Squeak in the 'real boring world'

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Jun 21 16:08:00 UTC 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> There was an attempt not too long ago that used the Win32 API and
> responded to most (or all, I forget) Windows callbacks in C code. It
> then passed event information back up via the existing event channel.
>
> I don't know how far they got.

I think they got pretty far.  They had Win32-native screenshots of a
couple apps they had written.

It was being developed by Lesser Software
(http://www.lesser-software.com/).  They appear to have a new web-site
since the last time I checked- hopefully that means that they're still
alive!

Warning: their page killed Win98/Opera.  For some baffling reason, they
use a dozen Java applets in a nav-bar for simple button-image roll-overs.
Oi.  Thusly, I present unto y'all a Java-less direct link (in en) to the
LSW-Vision-Smalltalk page:
(http://www.lesser-software.com/en/content/products/lswvst/LSWVSt.htm).

Aaron