Advice - module vs. plugin

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jun 22 16:13:37 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> On Friday 21 June 2002 09:46 pm, Jason Dufair wrote:
> > So I belive I will start putting something together.
> >  In which case, what module *should* it go in?
>
> In a separate module with the right dependencies. There's no reason to
> put it into an existing one.
>
> I don't know what it should be named, though.

First, it should surely go into class MPEGFile.  You should just be able
to as an MPEGFile what its id3 tag thingie is.

As for modules, why not have a single MPEGFile module that includes both
mundane accesses to files, as well as decoding the audio/video data?
The Squeak version of the plugin itself might go somewhere else, I
suppose.

Lex