[Q] Can Squeak listen on two sockets from the same image?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jun 22 16:16:57 UTC 2002

Chris Muller <afunkyobject at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Everything is fine for the first half of the test script.  But then the Socket
> listening in the forked process misses connections from client images.  In
> fact, the client image thinks it gets a connection and even sends its data
> until sendDone and then waits to receive a response.  But when I interrupt the
> server and look at the one in the forked process, it is still waiting on a
> connection or sometimes waiting to receive data from the clients send.

It sounds like the VM is missing sending some signal.  It would be great
if you can help everyone debug this!  Make suer you have the most recent
VM for your platform, then try your experiment again, and if it still
fails, see if you can be very specific about the sequence of operations
your are trying so that others can duplicated it.

Lex