[Q][Newbie] perform:orSendTo:

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Jun 22 21:33:53 UTC 2002

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 14:11:26 -0700 <germanmorales at delta-sys.com> wrote:
>The problem seems to be that Object>>perform:orSendTo:
>doesn't do what its selector says, but just sends the
>message to the other possible target.
>
>Mi questions are:
>Why this is not the current implementation?
>It's just a bug or there's something else behind?
>Should I send a change set with such a fix? ;-)

German,

There are other classes implementing this method in a manner similar to the one you suggest. My guess that Object was left as simple as possible (#respondsTo: is not cheap, nor does it win a lot of points for style) in the hopes that the programmer would spot the problem quickly and fix it somewhere else (whatever you do in Object for this will not satisfy everyone).

Cheers,
Bob