How to ugrade an image?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jun 22 21:56:57 UTC 2002

On Saturday 22 June 2002 01:06 pm, Jim Rosenberg wrote:
> Is there an FAQ somewhere that describes how to upgrade an image?
> I've been working with Squeak since November or so. When I started
> I downloaded 3.0, and have been working with a 3.0 image ever
> since, though I've updated my VM a couple of times. Now I need the
> new Connectors kit, which doesn't load in 3.0 images.

I suppose I could try to back-port Connectors to 3.0, but I'm afraid
that the lack of many fixes that I and others submitted since 3.0
might keep it from working well.

Hmm.. just got it loaded in to 3.0 (you have to make sure that you
don't load Morph>>privateAddMorph:atIndex: and just add the notify
line at the end of the existing version).

I can make connectors, etc., but since 3.0 there have been a number of
changes to TextMorphs (they now are bordered), event handling
(ActiveWorld/ActiveHand/ActiveEvent), scroll pane fixes, etc. that
will require some work to get right.

The question is this: is it worth while making a port for 3.0
(especially considering that I'd also probably have to back-port some
of my fixes), or should I just stick to 3.2 and later?

After all, 3.2 is going to be the released version Real Soon Now,
right?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com