How to ugrade an image?

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Sun Jun 23 02:37:38 UTC 2002

--On Saturday, June 22, 2002 2:56 PM -0700 Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com>
wrote:

> The question is this: is it worth while making a port for 3.0
> (especially considering that I'd also probably have to back-port some
> of my fixes), or should I just stick to 3.2 and later?

My $.02-worth would be to say don't waste your time. Connectors is
wonderful, I'm really glad to have it; whatever time you have to spend on
it I'd much rather be devoted to new stuff than back-porting. The image
integration problem is *my* problem, not your problem ...

Anway: there's quite a bit in 3.2 I'm finding attractive, and the
how-to-upgrade-image problem is a bullet that I need to bite sooner or
later. I'm certainly not going to stay at 3.0 forever!

So I'm still curious to know what interesting tricks people have for
upgrading an image ...

---
 Jim Rosenberg                      http://www.well.com/user/jer/
     WELL: jer