How do I share contents between 2 computers

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Jun 24 21:48:30 UTC 2002

On Monday 24 June 2002 02:02 pm, Sergei Gnezdov wrote:
> I want to start to share some squeak contents between work and home
> computer. How can I do that if it is possible?
>
> For example, I may want to create a stack (multi-card database) and
> be able to access it quickly from home and work place.

You can save a project in such a way as to be available on the net. It
can then be loaded in its entirety.

If you can make it available over HTTP or FTP, you can add your server
to the list of servers visible when you go to load a project and then
load from that project.

Another possibility is to set up a ComSwiki with Squeak Project Pages
(see http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki ); if you do this, you can set
it up so that all you have to do is edit a page to make a new project
available inside a web browser. You can set up security, of course.

Downloads are at:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/15

Also see http://manatee.cc.gatech.edu:8080/refs/14 for a description
of Squeak Project Pages (this description will be in the swiki that
you download).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com