3.2, Help wanted.

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 26 00:48:56 UTC 2002

First question has to be why is there a "800 at 600" morph near the top of
the screen? Oh, I see, it is listed in the yet to do stuff. Never mind.

How are new users supposed to know how to open up the minimized windows
to see what they say? Come to that, how are they supposed to know that
they _should_ open them. I know there is bubble help, but I doubt many
people will spot it accidentally. How about an open window with an
explanation of how to use the UI basics;-
+ open/close/resize/etc windows
+ open/select/cancel menus
+ cmd/alt/etc keys
+ scrollbars!

 Getting Started
What is this ReadMe.txt? Haven't seen it in quite a while. Reminds me
that the error handling for non-found files is truly horrible.

 Welcome to...
The URL for the Flash demo is no longer correct.
The gif returned for the httpShowGif: demo is no longer one that
includes Andreas, which seems a bit Soviet :-)
'Development support' refers to World menu etc which probably needs
explaining first.
'Shrinking Squeak' refers to 3.0 and 'MajorShrinkFor3.0.cs'. Bit out
of date as well as non-existent.

>From browsing
the SystemOrganization needs sorting properly. The bottom of the list
has quite a bit of cruft that ought to be in other places.
FXBlt - didn't Andreas say that had been subsumed into bitblt by now?
Should it be removed?

It's still a damn big image file. Space analysis shows 37,000 Strings,
taking up a meg. 33,000 Symbols using 670kb! 10,000 Floats! 486
ElementTranslation, whatever they might be. 40,000 CompiledMethods using
2.5 Mb. 35,000 Arrays. Good Grief. So much for _Small_talk I guess.

tim
Useful random insult:- The two put together have an IQ over 150.