[newbie][q] How to create a new module?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Jun 26 08:11:01 UTC 2002

Hi Leo and all!

"Leo Burd" <leoburd at media.mit.edu> wrote:
> - Hello everyone!
>
> I'm trying to port my code into a new module called
> People-LB-BusCommander.  The system is saying that I'm not allowed to
> create a new top level module...  What shall I do?

Try reading about Modules on the Swiki. The startlink is:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/modules

But before you go there you should realize that 3.3alpha is ALPHA. Which
means things are broken, not implemented yet, all in all in a rubble.
:-) In short - of course you are welcome to use it and play around with
modules but you need to be aware of the fact that this version of Squeak
is not yet meant for "use".

The message you got is one that many people has posted about - it is a
"sign" saying more or less "Sorry, we haven't updated the standard
browser yet to be able to create Modules...".

For the latest-of-the-greatest in this respect - if you really wish to
dig in - there is another Swikipage that is being used currently by the
Bold-Adventurerers-Trying-To-Make-3.3alpha-A-Great-Place-With-Modules-De
velopers:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2511

> Best,
>
> Leo