problems with OpenGL hardware acceleration on linux

Felix Franz fefr at gmx.net
Fri Jun 28 21:11:20 UTC 2002

Hi all,

after installing the nvidia Accelerated Linux drivers (and watching a
fast teapot :) I tried Balloon-3d in squeak: the performance is the same
with or without  "enable hardware acceleration" in the
WonderlandCameraMorph-menu. I rebuilt the vm (I am using Ians 3.2.2
release). ldd said it linked to the right libGL (the one provided by the
nvidia-driver).

B3DAcceleratorPlugin is listed in "Smalltalk listBuiltinModules" (don't
know if this is enough, it is the first time I had problems with a plugin).

I tried " B3DHardwareEngine primitiveSetVerboseLevel: 5" which should
print some infos, but I see no debugging-information.

Now I don't know what to do ...

Is anyone enjoying a hardware accelerated 3d-squeak and can give me some
advice? If you need more information: just ask, I'll be happy to provide
them.

Thanks in advance,

felix