3.2, Help wanted. Now we're getting somewhere.

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sun Jun 30 09:07:06 UTC 2002

John Voiklis wrote:

> >What kind of Morphs do you want to document? All of them? Tools=20
> >(browsers, debuggers, etc)? Widgets (Pluggable*Morph, TextMorph,=20
> >etc.)? Basic (RectangleMorph, PolygonMorph)?
>
> It depends how responsive the authors/experts are. Having the entire Morph
> Catalog (if not more) documented should be the goal before we iterate to 3.4
> (to set an arbitrary deadline). It would be nice to have the majority of
> Tools, Scripting, Collaborative, Presentation, Multimedia, Navigation, and
> the less obvious morphs in Graphics and Text ready to publish some time
> before the US Thanksgiving holiday (the 21st or 28th of November...after
> that much of the world goes into holiday mode); again it depends on
> community response. The sooner people write the first drafts, the sooner I
> can begin testing and editing. I do have to warn everyone that I am going
> off the grid for the month of August.
>
> Ultimately, the goal is document everything no matter how mundane or how
> official/unofficial.

Thanks for the initiative. Maybe a sort of guideline, or how the
documentations should look, be used and be written is a good place to
start.
I know quite a few morphs and tools and can help document them but
what kept me from doing this is having a good format, or some
framework to put the documentation in.
I would love to se some media rich and imaginative thinking go into
how the documentation is made, and have the documentation show off a
few of Squeaks qualities.
But foremost we need some sort of standard so on can concentrate on
the documentaiton writing.

Karl