[Q][Morphic][presentation] How to create a flap?

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Mon Mar 4 19:59:28 UTC 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Monday 04 March 2002 09:57 am, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
>
> > I'd like to create a flap which accepts large morphs dropped into it
> > and acts like a parts bin but shows the morphs with an icon instead
> > of their full size. For a presentation I can keep things there I'd
> > like to have at hand when authoring or even during the presentation
> > for handy reference (custom made composite morphs).
> >
> > Creating a flap which acts as a parts bin is straightforward. But I
> > do not see an option how to set that morphs are shown as icons.
>
> the problem is that the thumbnails are a property of the parts bin that is
> part of the flap. Do this:
>
> flaps/new flap/right
> check parts bin, accept drops
> open flap, pop up halos on parts bin area (not flap halo)
> choose playfield options...
> select show thumbnails
> change to table layout
> change cell inset if desired

Thank you, these end-user instruction work fine.
With this procedure I can create my own flap and keep there templates
(e.g. various bullet lists, slide layouts) to drag out when needed like
in Powerpnt.

Hannes Hirzel

P.S. I plan to collect the end-user instruction on using Squeak
as a presentation system discussed here on a Swiki page.
However if somebody other feels inclined to to this as well ....
please go ahead.