Digital editing of music in Squeak?

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Mar 4 23:37:04 UTC 2002

Squeak is a great multimedia system, right?
So when the local Organists Association told me
"we can record onto DAT, copy DATs, and print CDs from DAT,
 but don't have any facilities for digital editing"
my first thought was "surely there is some way to do this in Squeak,
it's just one of the several thousand major facilities in Squeak
I don't know about yet."

Is it?
Searching for 'music' in the sources didn't produce any likely candidates.
Searching for 'audio' turned up code for playing audio files, but not for
editing them.  This was in 3.0.

For the record, I am _not_ talking about piracy, I am talking about
producing CDs from these people's own performances.  They've had a
couple professionally produced, but organists aren't paid much.