CPU-Usage again

Markus Fritsche Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net
Tue Mar 5 18:49:18 UTC 2002

Hi, it's me again... :-)

So, I've made the following findings:
starting squeak with the ComSwiki-Image on a

K6-2/400/linux in Windowing mode:
speed not killing, but cpu-usage okay.

PIII/900/W2k:
cpu-usage not noticeable (when running in background)

headless on a k6-2/233/linux:
squeak takes every little timeslice it could get?

Is this really the effect of "gettimeofday()" as I thougt before?

The Linuxsystem (debian-testing) is the same on the k6-2/233 and
k6-2/400.

Any hints what I can do? I've already tried shrinking, but it's hard to
"majorShrink" the Image to somewhat useful for a newbie :-))

Regards, Markus

--
SIGSTOP

http://www.gmx.net