[BUG][Squeak3.2gamma][CommandShellV1-6][Unix] Squeak crashes by typing an unknown command into a 'Squeak Shell'

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Mar 6 02:56:38 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 12:36:53AM +0100, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
> Squeak crashes by typing an unknown command into a 'Squeak Shell': eg. by
> typing 'll' into it, which is known by *my* personal bash (by an alias), but
> not a known Unix command.
>
> Exception handling?
>
> Preconditions:
> Squeak3.2gamme#4743, actual SF sources;
> VMMaker-3-2-version5, ConsolidateTo4744-JMM;
> OSProcessV2-7, CommandShellV1-6;
> OSProcessFix-sr v1.1 (to get the plugin work).

I do not see any obvious reason for this (but I do not have enough time
to try to reproduce it right now - sorry!). For what it's worth, the
CommmandShell works just like a TranscriptStream. Looking at the stack
dump you sent, the CommandShell has just tried to #show: the error
message from your failed "ll" command. I do not see anything wrong
with this, but for some reason it looks like the Morph which provides
the "Squeak Shell" view has received the #update: message, and it
blows up when it tries to update itself on the screen.

Is this an intermittent problem, or does it happen every time you
try it?

Has anyone else seen this kind of problem?

- Dave