[BUG][Squeak3.2gamma][CommandShellV1-6][Unix] Squeak crashes by typing an unknown command into a 'Squeak Shell'

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Wed Mar 6 04:31:34 UTC 2002

"David T. Lewis" wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 12:36:53AM +0100, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
> > Squeak crashes by typing an unknown command into a 'Squeak Shell': eg. by
> > typing 'll' into it, which is known by *my* personal bash (by an alias), but
> > not a known Unix command.
> >
> > Exception handling?
> >
> > Preconditions:
> > Squeak3.2gamme#4743, actual SF sources;
> > VMMaker-3-2-version5, ConsolidateTo4744-JMM;
> > OSProcessV2-7, CommandShellV1-6;
> > OSProcessFix-sr v1.1 (to get the plugin work).
>
> I do not see any obvious reason for this (but I do not have enough time
> to try to reproduce it right now - sorry!). For what it's worth, the
> CommmandShell works just like a TranscriptStream. Looking at the stack
> dump you sent, the CommandShell has just tried to #show: the error
> message from your failed "ll" command. I do not see anything wrong
> with this, but for some reason it looks like the Morph which provides
> the "Squeak Shell" view has received the #update: message, and it
> blows up when it tries to update itself on the screen.
>

> Is this an intermittent problem, or does it happen every time you
> try it?

It crashes *every* time *immediately*, if I type in an unknown Unix command.
Because I see something like
---
1096403992 [] in Semaphore>critical:
1096403808 BlockContext>ensure:
1096403716 Semaphore>critical:
---
I have just guessed it could be something with exception handling... Errors
can be follow up errors.
But it's just an idea.

> Has anyone else seen this kind of problem?

Nice to hear from others...

Greetings,

Stephan

--