[BUG] XMLNode>>contentsDo:

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Wed Mar 6 16:26:11 UTC 2002

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> Actually, it seems a bit worse as "contents" doesn't seem to be active
> (instead, "entities" seems to be the key ivar; a *very* bad name choice,
> IMHO, given that it doesn't have anything to do with XML entities). That
> is, all my "contents" ivars are nil.

Hmm, to be honest, I don't remember why I choose entities. Have to go
through my notes again.

> #entitiesDo: doesn't seem to be a drop in replacement for
> #contentsDo: either. I'm a little confused by the use of associations

But, the #tag search methods should actually use entitiesDo;, I'm going
to post a fix for that later. These methods got copied over from the
Exobox parser which used the ivar contents instead of entities.

Your contents ivar might be empty because you don't have contents in
your elements? Entities are sub-elements, whereas contents are the
PCData sequences that can occur in element structures.

> there...it would seem that the Key should belogn to the XMlElement and be
> retrieved by a #tagname (or some such) method. Unless the keys are going

Hmm, have to think about this again. Might actually be some historical
thing when moving from Dictionary to OrderedCollection at some early
stage.
Got to get onto the freeway now...

Michael