Generalized Object Modules Design

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 6 17:31:35 UTC 2002

"Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
> Following up on what someone else wrote, I suggested:
> 	> (a) Making the change-set browser-specific,
>
> to which Hannes Hirzel replied:
> 	I think this would interfer considerably with the way we are working
> 	today.
>
> Why should it?  The idea is that each new browser would start up with
> the containing Project's changeset, but you could tell it to use a different
> changeset.  If you don't tell a browser to change its changeset, it CAN'T
> "intefere with the way we are working today" because it would BE "the way
> we are working today".

It doesn't solve the case I usually run into.  I'll do inst-var-defs and
then do implementors-of three times, and spot some code that I'd like to
change.  If that code is in a different module, I still have to choose a
different changeset manually.  I don't want to have to go find that method
in a different browser, either.  The code is there, I'd like to change it and
have it go to the right changeset.  In a lot of cases, this can be done.

-Lex