[Q] Is a newer version of the Prolog implementation available?

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Wed Mar 6 16:02:38 UTC 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Alan Kay wrote:

> Hannes --
>
> At 3:25 PM +0100 3/6/02, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
> >I think I try first one of the standard Prolog text book maze
> >traversing example first (without graphics) and then try to
> >add a Morphic animation.
>
> Sounds good. Keep us posted.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan

I'm already facing a problem I can't resolve. Although the documentation
speaks of lists

>In Prolog/V, lists have the same syntax as in standard Prolog, for
>example:
>    []    [y, #John, 'a string', #(1 2)]    [[1,2], 3 | [4,5]]

I can't  compile a clause which contains an empty list. For example

trans(X,[A|B]) :-
      delta(X,A,Y),
      write(X),
      write('  '),
      write([A|B]),
      nl,
      trans(Y,B).
trans(X,[]) :-
      final(X),
      write(X),
      write('  '),
      write([]), nl.

gives an error 'emptyList not understood' (besides that you have to write
nl() for the new line).

This involves fixing the class #Prolog, something I don't feel comfortable
with. Does anybody have a suggestions? Bjian?

Cheers

Hannes Hirzel