[Q] Is a newer version of the Prolog implementation available?

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Wed Mar 6 17:58:30 UTC 2002

The current Squeak Prolog implementation is incomplete in the handling
of lists, which makes it actually nearly unusable besides the basic
Family tree example.

An error I found:

LParser>>nilList
^self send: #new to: 'EmptyList' with: #()

should probably be
LParser>>nilList
^self send: #new to: #EmptyList with: #()

And the class #EmptyList is probably incomplete.
#EmptyList is implemented as a subclass of #List. I wonder why this
is necessary.

Generally I'd like to say that the base implementation by Mike
Teng seems to be clean and understandable. I think I'v read that he
gave the permission to port it to Squeak. So it would probably be
a good idea to look into his original Smalltalk/V version to do the
necessary fixes.

Hannes Hirzel