[ANN][UNIX] SecurityPlugin

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Thu Mar 7 02:11:17 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> is claimed by the authorities to have written:
>
> > Finally, I implemented the SecurityPlugin for Unix. It's at SourceForge.
> > You'll have to completely rebuild the VM (including the configure step) as
> > well as the npsqueak browser plugin.
> Assuming 'make' is doing it's job properly you should find that only the
> SecurityPlugin needs building.
>
> Since on any previous build there will have been no sqUnixSecurity.c,
> the VMMaker would have refused to generate SecurityPLugin for unix. So,
> fire up VMMaker, drag SecurityPlugin to the 'External Plugins' list and
> hit the 'Generate Externals' button (or use the 'generate plugin' menu
> option) to generate _just_ the SecurityPlugin. Then do the usual 'make'
> stuff and it ought to builf just that plugin.

In theory: yes.

In praxis I had to
	rm -fR build/*
the build dir (after first trying just 'make clean', etc.), then a fresh
	configure
to get it build with
	make
then...

Greetings,

Stephan

PS: I've started with kind of a make for Squeak (meak or Meaker), but don't
know if this will succeed and/or make enough sense/fun. Therefore my recent
CommandShell bug report.

--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)